Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's a holiday in Cambodia...


Hello and welcome! I will be traveling to Phnom Pehn, Cambodia for six weeks to explore a new region of the world, teach English, and throw myself out of my comfortable yet predictable Bozeman bubble. I will be in Cambodia from May 12 to June 24, and I hope to use this blog to share my experiences and adventures for anyone who is interested (ok, probably just my mom).

I have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to stay with family friends of my Grandma Char's in a house in Phnom Pehn, which is the capital city (population about 2 million). Luckily, I'll be living with a dynamic duo of an American and Cambodian doctor, so I will be in the best hands anyone could ask for. While in Cambodia, my main goal is to teach English as a foreign language; however, I'll be happy as a clam just making it to Southeast Asia in one piece and surviving the ubiquitous culture shock I am likely to experience the first week. I feel so lucky to get to learn about Cambodia first hand, and I know just enough to know that I don't know anything at all about this land and people that I will soon be encountering. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. have a very fun trip and dont get eaten by the tigers. I hear they are quite ubiquitous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Kristi! We're excited and nervous for you.

    Love,

    Mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be tracking you at Sacajawea Middle School. Good Luck! Mrs. Z's Classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just wanna know who tried to use the word "ubiquitous" up there on that first post... because I just KNOW that was not you! Ha ha. ;)
    I'm gonna miss you so much... Already do and you're not even out of the country yet!! So glad I got to go to the airport this morning!!! Talk to ya from LA here in a few

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi just barely made her flight from LA. She's on her way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck Kristi, we'll be watching you from home! Barb, Al, Adam & Grant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes, Kristi! Ron and I will be following your adventure. --Aunt Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. KRISTI!!!! So Glad you are safe and sounds like you are having an amazing time already. Don't forget to give Cate your addy there so we can send you some stuff :)! I can hardly believe you are there, so excited to keep up with you and your many adventures. You rock pretty lady!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete